On July 2-3-4 2021 the Continuing Medical Education Training" Speech and Language Disorders in Children and Adolescents" (Acr. №0240; 18 UPG credits)
The training was successfully held at David Tvildiani Medical University under the guidance of Neurologist Prof. Lika Kandareli and with the participation of members of the multidisciplinary team (speech and language therapist, psychologist, behavioral therapist).
The range of issues discussed included:
• Functional anatomy of the brain (3D model)
• Neurodevelopmental disorders and comorbidities
• Causes of aphasia and assessment issues
• Dysphagia and videofluoroscopic examination
• Epilepsy-aphasia spectrum disorders
• Autism spectrum disorders and ethical issues
The multidisciplinary team working, SMART goals case studies was presented along with a discussion of modern theoretical approaches.
The range of trainees included a family doctors, pediatricians, child neurologists, physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, speech and language therapists, psychologists involved in the services of the country’s primary medical and rehabilitation / habilitation provider organizations.
The training was evaluated by trainees (by means of an anonymous questionnaire) as the best format for raising theoretical and practical skills.